IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, The Canoe Builders, undated
The Canoe Builders
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 13 9/16 inches (25 x 34.5 cm), Plate: 4 1/8 x 8 3/8 inches (10.5 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The canoe builders."
stamped in black ink, on back, lower left: "COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : GREAT BRITAIN."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Charles W· Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | builders | Burmese | canoe | genre subject | labor | landscape | logs | marine art | men | mountain | nude | pulling | rope | sea | shore (landform) | wood | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Myanmar
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.