The Canoe Builders
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 13 9/16 inches (25 x 34.5 cm) and Plate (to plate): 4 1/8 x 8 3/8 inches (10.5 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The canoe builders."
stamped in black ink, on back, lower left: "COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : GREAT BRITAIN."
signed in graphite, lower right: "Charles W· Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | builders | Burmese | canoe | genre subject | labor | landscape | logs | marine art | men | mountain | nude | pulling | rope | sea | shore (landform) | wood | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Myanmar
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, The Canoe Builders, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.