Bridge at Narni
- Additional Title(s):
Bridge of Augustus
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on medium, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 15 1/8 inches (27 × 38.4 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 12 inches (22.7 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 × 8 3/4 inches (14 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.146"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. from a finish'd sketch by James Hakewell."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by S.Middiman."; lettered, lower center: "Bridge of Narni | Publish'd, as the act directs, March 1, 1819, by John Murray, Albemarle Str. London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Bridge of Augustus | Europe | Italy | Narni | Terni | Umbria
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Middiman, ca. 1750–1831, British, Bridge at Narni, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.