IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Naples, from the Mole, 1818-1820
Naples, from the Mole
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 15 1/8 inches (27.3 × 38.4 cm), Plate: 10 1/8 × 13 inches (25.7 × 33 cm), Image: 5 1/2 × 8 5/8 inches (14 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.156"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Hakewill's Italy"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "1820"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([...] May 43)"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A.from a finish'd sketch by J.Hakewill."; lettered, lower center: "Naples, | from the Mole. | Publish'd, as the act directs, March 1.1820. by John Murray, Albemarle Street, London."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | charterhouse | cityscape | gulf | marine art | port
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Castel Nuovo | Castel Sant'Elmo | Certosa di San Martino | Europe | Golfo di Napoli | Italy | Napoli | Port of Naples
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.