- Florence, from Chiesa al Monte
- Etching and engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 × 12 3/4 inches (21.7 × 32.4 cm) and Image: 4 5/8 × 8 11/16 inches (11.7 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.158"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Hakewills "Picturesque Tour of Italy" Florence"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: Engraver's open etching 1820"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([...])"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George Cooke. 1820"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | basilica | bridge | building | cityscape | infant | kneeling | lute | man | mountain | priest | religious and mythological subject | river | sitting | staff | tower | tree | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- Arno | Firenze | Firenze | Italia | Ponte Vecchio | San Miniato al Monte | Toscana
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Florence, from Chiesa al Monte, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.