Florence, from Chiesa al Monte
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 × 12 3/4 inches (21.7 × 32.4 cm), Image: 4 5/8 × 8 11/16 inches (11.7 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.158"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Hakewills "Picturesque Tour of Italy" Florence"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: Engraver's open etching 1820"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([...])"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George Cooke. 1820"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | basilica | bridge | building | cityscape | infant | kneeling | lute | man | mountain | priest | religious and mythological subject | river | sitting | staff | tower | tree | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- Arno | Firenze | Firenze | Italy | Ponte Vecchio | San Miniato al Monte | Toscana
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Florence, from Chiesa al Monte, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.