- Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 14 3/4 inches (27.3 × 37.5 cm) and Image: 7 5/16 × 10 5/8 inches (18.6 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.175"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Whitaker's Richmondshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Richmondshire 7 1819"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Etched by S. Middiman & J.Pye. | Junction of the Greta a nd Tees at Rokeby. | Published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Co., Paternoster Row, & Hurst, Robinson & Co., Cheapside London Augt.2'd 1819."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by John Pye."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Middiman, ca. 1750–1831, British, Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.