IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Samuel Middiman, ca. 1750–1831, British, Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby, 1819
Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 14 3/4 inches (27.3 × 37.5 cm), Image: 7 5/16 × 10 5/8 inches (18.6 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.175"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Whitaker's Richmondshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Richmondshire 7 1819"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Etched by S. Middiman & J.Pye. | Junction of the Greta a nd Tees at Rokeby. | Published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Co., Paternoster Row, & Hurst, Robinson & Co., Cheapside London Augt.2'd 1819."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by John Pye."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | rivers
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Greta | Rokeby | Tees | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.