Wycliffe, near Rokeby
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 10 15/16 × 16 1/2 inches (27.8 × 41.9 cm) and Image: 7 9/16 × 10 3/4 inches (19.2 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.177""; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Whitaker's History of Richmondshire [hub] 1823"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center; "Wycliffe near Rokeby. | Published by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row and Hurst & Robinson, Cheapside, London, March 1, 1823."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by John Pye. | Printed by H. Triggs."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Tees | United Kingdom | Wycliffe | Wycliffe Hall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Wycliffe, near Rokeby, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.