Wycliffe, near Rokeby
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- 10 15/16 × 16 1/2 inches (27.8 × 41.9 cm) and 7 9/16 × 10 3/4 inches (19.2 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.177""; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Whitaker's History of Richmondshire [hub] 1823"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center; "Wycliffe near Rokeby. | Published by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row and Hurst & Robinson, Cheapside, London, March 1, 1823."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by John Pye. | Printed by H. Triggs."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Tees | United Kingdom | Wycliffe | Wycliffe Hall
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Wycliffe, near Rokeby, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.