- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 15/16 × 15 1/16 inches (27.8 × 38.3 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 13 inches (25.1 × 33 cm), Chine collé: 9 5/8 × 12 11/16 inches (24.4 × 32.2 cm), Image: 6 3/8 × 9 3/4 inches (16.2 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R191"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Scotts 'Provincial Antiquities' pub 1826"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1819 P.W. June 1940"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: Published by Rodwell & Martin, New Bond Street, Aug.1, 1819. | CRICHTON CASTLE. | Printed by B. McQueen."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Crichton | Crichton Castle | Midlothian | Pathhead | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Critchton Castle, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.