IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Tantallon Castle, 1822
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 11 3/4 inches (23.2 × 29.8 cm), Image: 6 3/8 × 9 9/16 inches (16.2 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.198"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Scotts Provincial Antiquities pub 1826 1822 TW Jan1949"
Lettered, lower left: "DRAWN BY P.M.W.TURNER R.A."; lettered, lower center: "TANTALLON CASTLE. | London Published June 1, 1822.by Rodwell & Martin.New Bond St."; lettered, lower right: "ENGRAVED BY E.GOODALL. | Printed by McQueen & C."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Forth | Forth, Firth of | North Berwick | North Sea | Scotland | Tantallon Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Gage, J.M.W. Turner: "a wonderful range of mind", Yale University Press, New Haven, CT, p. 2, fig. 1, NJ18 T85 G36 (LC) (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.