- Tantallon Castle
- Line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 11 3/4 inches (23.2 × 29.8 cm) and Image: 6 3/8 × 9 9/16 inches (16.2 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.198"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Scotts Provincial Antiquities pub 1826 1822 TW Jan1949"
Lettered, lower left: "DRAWN BY P.M.W.TURNER R.A."; lettered, lower center: "TANTALLON CASTLE. | London Published June 1, 1822.by Rodwell & Martin.New Bond St."; lettered, lower right: "ENGRAVED BY E.GOODALL. | Printed by McQueen & C."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
John Gage, J.M.W. Turner: "a wonderful range of mind", Yale University Press, New Haven, CT, p. 2, fig. 1, NJ18 T85 G36 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Tantallon Castle, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.