St. Agatha's Abbey, Easby
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 11/16 inches (28.9 × 42.4 cm), Chine collé: 11 3/8 × 16 11/16 inches (28.9 × 42.4 cm), and Image: 8 × 11 1/4 inches (20.3 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.171"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Whitaker's Richmondshire [pub] 1823"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1822 P.W. Jan 1940"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. del't."; lettered, lower center: "St. Agatha's Abbey Easby. | Published Feby.14th 1822, by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row, and Hurst, Robinson, & Co. Cheapside, London."; lettered, lower right: "J. Le Keux sculpt. | Printed by McQueen & Co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | landscape (representation) | river | ruin
- Associated Places:
- Abbey of St. Agatha, Easby | England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Swale | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Le Keux, 1783–1846, British, St. Agatha's Abbey, Easby, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.