High Force or Fall of the Tees
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, printed on india paper, first published state on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper, with gray chine colle
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 3/4 inches (30.8 × 45.1 cm), Plate: 11 9/16 × 17 1/2 inches (29.4 × 44.5 cm), Chine collé: 11 3/8 × 17 3/16 inches (28.9 × 43.7 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 × 10 11/16 inches (19.4 × 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Whitaker's History of Richmondshire 1821 (J.W. Feb 49)"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "High Force or Fall of Tees | Published by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row, and Hurst Robinson, & Co. Cheapside, London, Septr. 12th 1821."; lettered, lower right: "J.Landseer F.S.A. sculpt. | Printed by H.Triggs."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | mountain | river | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | High Force | Middleton in Teesdale | Pennine Chain | Tees | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, High Force or Fall of the Tees, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.