- High Force or Fall of the Tees
- Line engraving, printed on india paper, first published state on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper, with gray chine colle
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 3/4 inches (30.8 × 45.1 cm), Plate: 11 9/16 × 17 1/2 inches (29.4 × 44.5 cm), Chine collé: 11 3/8 × 17 3/16 inches (28.9 × 43.7 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 × 10 11/16 inches (19.4 × 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Whitaker's History of Richmondshire 1821 (J.W. Feb 49)"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "High Force or Fall of Tees | Published by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row, and Hurst Robinson, & Co. Cheapside, London, Septr. 12th 1821."; lettered, lower right: "J.Landseer F.S.A. sculpt. | Printed by H.Triggs."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, High Force or Fall of the Tees, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.