- Additional Title(s):
- Line engraving and etching on moderaetely thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 12 × 17 3/4 inches (30.5 × 45.1 cm), 11 3/16 × 17 5/16 inches (28.4 × 44 cm), 10 7/8 × 17 5/16 inches (27.6 × 44 cm), and 7 9/16 × 10 15/16 inches (19.2 × 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.179"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Whitaker's History of Richmondshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(J.W. Feb 49)"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "Aysgarth Force. | Published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Brown, Paternoster Row, and Hurst, Robinson & Co. Cheapside London, June 1st.1820."; lettered, lower right: "J.Scott sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river | valley (landform) | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Aysgarth | Aysgarth Falls | England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | United Kingdom | Ure | Wensleydale
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Scott, 1774–1828, British, Aysgarth Force, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.