Ingleborough, from Hornby Castle Terrace
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 10 3/4 × 15 3/8 inches (27.3 × 39.1 cm) and Image: 7 1/2 × 10 11/16 inches (19.1 × 27.1 cm)
Insribed in graphite, lower left: "R.184"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Whitaker's Richmondshire pub 1823"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Late impression first printed 1822"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(West[... ...] 49)"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "Ingleborough from Hornby Castle Terrace. | Published Jany.2nd 1822, by Longman, Hurst, & Paternoster Row, and Hurst, Robinson, & Co. Cheapside, London."; lettered, lower right: "C.Heath sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape (representation) | mountain | river | terrace
- Associated Places:
- England | Hornby | Hornby Castle | Ingleborough | Lancashire | Tatham | United Kingdom | Wenning
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Heath, 1785–1848, British, Ingleborough, from Hornby Castle Terrace, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.