- Ingleborough, from Hornby Castle Terrace
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 15 3/8 inches (27.3 × 39.1 cm) and Image: 7 1/2 × 10 11/16 inches (19.1 × 27.1 cm)
Insribed in graphite, lower left: "R.184"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Whitaker's Richmondshire pub 1823"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Late impression first printed 1822"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(West[... ...] 49)"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "Ingleborough from Hornby Castle Terrace. | Published Jany.2nd 1822, by Longman, Hurst, & Paternoster Row, and Hurst, Robinson, & Co. Cheapside, London."; lettered, lower right: "C.Heath sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Heath, 1785–1848, British, Ingleborough, from Hornby Castle Terrace, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.