Fall of the Trees, Yorkshire
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 2nd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 9 3/8 × 12 1/2 inches (23.8 × 31.8 cm) and Image: 6 7/16 × 8 7/8 inches (16.4 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.214"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Second state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "2nd state"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Fall of the Tees, | Yorkshire. | Published June 1, 1827, for the Proprietor, Robert Jennings, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Goodall. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | mountain | river | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Durham | High Force | Middleton in Teesdale | Pennines | Tees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Fall of the Trees, Yorkshire, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.