Fall of the Tees, Yorkshire
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 14 3/4 inches (27.3 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 × 12 inches (24.8 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 7/16 × 8 7/8 inches (16.4 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.214"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "6."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Fall of the Tees, | Yorkshire. | Published June 1, 1827, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Goodall. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | mountain | river | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Durham | High Force | Middleton in Teesdale | Pennines | Tees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Fall of the Tees, Yorkshire, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.