Fall of the Tees, Yorkshire
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 14 3/4 inches (27.3 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 × 12 inches (24.8 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 7/16 × 8 7/8 inches (16.4 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.214"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "6."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Fall of the Tees, | Yorkshire. | Published June 1, 1827, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Goodall. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | mountain | river | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Durham | High Force | Middleton in Teesdale | Pennines | Tees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Turner and the Sublime (British Museum, 1981-05-15 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-02-11 - 1981-04-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1980-11-01 - 1981-01-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]