Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Songs of Innocence, Plate 16, "Night" (Bentley 20), 1789
- Songs of Innocence, Plate 16, "Night" (Bentley 20)
- Relief etching printed in brown with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 5 3/8 inches (19.1 x 13.7 cm), Plate: 4 3/8 x 2 5/8 inches (11.1 x 6.7 cm), and Plate: 4 1/4 x 2 5/8 inches (10.8 x 6.7 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | branches | garden | gowns | hills | leaf | literary theme | shrubberies | text | tree | vegetation | vines | wings | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.