Quayside, Notre Dame in Distance
- Former Title(s):
View of Paris with the Pantheon and the Towers of Notre Dame
Picturesque Architecture in Paris, Ghent, Antwerp, Rouen, etc., Drawn from Nature on Stone
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 19 15/16 inches (34.2 x 50.6 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 x 12 1/2 inches (23.4 x 31.8 cm), Image: 6 13/16 x 11 7/16 inches (17.3 x 29 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "7. B. L. H."
signed in plate, lower left: "T Boys"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bags (containers) | bell | bridge (built work) | buildings | campanile | carts | cathedral | city | cityscape | coats | containers (receptacles) | dome | dresses | figures | genre subject | Grand Tour | guard | hats | horse (animal) | labor | market (event) | marketplace | men | merchants | purchasing | quay | rifle | road | sash | stands | street | table | trousers | uniform | vases | wagons | wheels | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | France | Panthéon | Paris | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Quayside, Notre Dame in Distance, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.