- Quayside, Notre Dame in Distance
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 19 15/16 inches (34.2 x 50.6 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 x 12 1/2 inches (23.4 x 31.8 cm), and Image: 6 13/16 x 11 7/16 inches (17.3 x 29 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "7. B. L. H."
signed in plate, lower left: "T Boys"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bags (containers) | bell | bridge (built work) | buildings | campanile | carts | cathedral | city | cityscape | coats | containers (receptacles) | dome | dresses | figures | genre subject | Grand Tour | guard | hats | horse (animal) | labor | market (event) | marketplace | men | merchants | purchasing | quay | rifle | road | sash | stands | street | table | trousers | uniform | vases | wagons | wheels | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | France | Panthéon | Paris | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Quayside, Notre Dame in Distance, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.