IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Views in the Levant: Cattle Grazing with Distant View of Houses and the Sea, St. Lawrence, Isle of Wight, ca. 1785
Views in the Levant: Cattle Grazing with Distant View of Houses and the Sea, St. Lawrence, Isle of Wight
- ca. 1785
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and gray ink, and black ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 × 10 5/8 inches (17.8 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "St. [Lawrence?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | grazing | houses | landscape | sea
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.