Willey Reveley, (?), 1760–1799, British, Views in the Levant: A Ruined Byzantine Church, ca. 1785
Views in the Levant: A Ruined Byzantine Church
- ca. 1785
- Watercolor, over graphite, with pen in brown ink on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 13 5/16 inches (23.5 × 33.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Byzantine | church | landscape | ruin
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.