Willey Reveley, (?), 1760–1799, British, Views in the Levant: A Ruined Byzantine Church, ca. 1785
Views in the Levant: A Ruined Byzantine Church
- ca. 1785
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 13 5/16 inches (23.5 × 33.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Byzantine | church | landscape | ruin
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.