IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Willey Reveley, (?), 1760–1799, British, Views in the Levant: View of a Walled Town and Harbour with Towers Seen From the Sea, ca. 1785
Views in the Levant: View of a Walled Town and Harbour with Towers Seen From the Sea
- ca. 1785
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 14 5/16 inches (16.8 × 36.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "34"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cityscape | harbor | hill | marine art | sea | towers (building divisions) | town | wall
- Associated Places:
- Greece | Levant | Naillac Tower | Rhodes
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.