- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 1/2 inches (26.7 × 36.8 cm), Plate: 10 × 12 inches (25.4 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 3/16 inches (16.5 × 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.219"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third State"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Alborough | Suffolk. | London, Published Decr.1,1827, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Goodall. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | river | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- Alde | Aldeburgh | England | Slaughden Martello Tower | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Alborough, Suffolk, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.