IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Aldborough, Suffolk, 1827
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 1/2 inches (26.7 × 36.8 cm), Plate: 10 × 12 inches (25.4 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 1/2 × 9 3/16 inches (16.5 × 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.219"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third State"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Alborough | Suffolk. | London, Published Decr.1,1827, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Goodall. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | river | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- Alde | Aldeburgh | England | Slaughden Martello Tower | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.