Entrance to Fowey Harbour, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 10 5/8 × 14 9/16 inches (27 × 37 cm) and Image: 6 7/16 × 9 1/8 inches (16.4 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.225"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Entrance to Fowey Harbour, | Cornwal. | London, Published 1829, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.R.Smith | Printed by McQueen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | watchtower
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | English Channel | Fowey | Fowey Blockhouse | Fowey Harbor | Fowey River | St. Catherine's Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Entrance to Fowey Harbour, Cornwall, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.