Views in the Levant: Back View of the Head of the Sphinx
- ca. 1785
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 12 5/16 inches (25.1 × 31.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "63"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | back | head | sphinx
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Willey Reveley, (?), 1760–1799, British, Views in the Levant: Back View of the Head of the Sphinx, ca. 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.