IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Willey Reveley, 1760–1799, British, Views in the Levant: Faceless Bust of Statue Supporting a Broken Capital on Her Head, ca. 1785
Views in the Levant: Faceless Bust of Statue Supporting a Broken Capital on Her Head
- ca. 1785
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 8 1/4 inches (29.5 × 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "57"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "74"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | broken | bust | capital | head | ruin | statue | woman
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art in Focus: John Goto's High Summer (Yale Center for British Art, 2018-04-06 - 2018-08-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
Windows on that world, essays on British art presented to Brian Allen , The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, London, 2012, pp. 170-72, fig, 94, N6766 .W56 2012 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.