- Views in the Levant: Faceless Bust of Statue Supporting a Broken Capital on Her Head
- ca. 1785
- Watercolor with pen in gray ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 8 1/4 inches (29.5 × 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "57"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "74"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | broken | bust | capital | head | ruin | statue | woman
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Windows on that world, essays on British art presented to Brian Allen , The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, London, 2012, pp. 170-72, fig, 94, N6766 .W56 2012 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Willey Reveley, 1760–1799, British, Views in the Levant: Faceless Bust of Statue Supporting a Broken Capital on Her Head, ca. 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.