Cowes, Isle of Wight
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 9/16 inches (26.4 × 37 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 × 12 inches (24.9 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (16.5 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.240"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "32"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Cowes, | Isle of Wight. | London, Published March 14, 1830, for the Proprietor by Robert Jennings & William Chaplin, 62, Cheapside."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R.Wallis | Printed by McQueen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Cowes | England | Isle of Wight | River Medina | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Cowes, Isle of Wight, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.