Cowes, Isle of Wight
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 9/16 inches (26.4 × 37 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 × 12 inches (24.9 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (16.5 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.240"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "32"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Cowes, | Isle of Wight. | London, Published March 14, 1830, for the Proprietor by Robert Jennings & William Chaplin, 62, Cheapside."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R.Wallis | Printed by McQueen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Cowes | England | Isle of Wight | River Medina | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Cowes, Isle of Wight, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.