IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Radclyffe, 1780–1855, British, Eton College, 1831
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 5/8 inches (27 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 9 7/16 × 12 inches (24 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 3/8 × 9 1/2 inches (16.2 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.254"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "46"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Eaton College | Berkshire | London, Published 1831, for the Proprietor by Robert Jennings & William Chaplin, 62, Cheapside."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Radclyffe | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- college | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Eton | Eton College | Thames | United Kingdom | Windsor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.