- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (27 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 × 12 inches (24.8 × 30.5 cm), Image: 5 7/8 × 9 5/16 inches (14.9 × 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.262"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "54"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Chatham | Kent | London, Published 1832, for the Proprietor, by Moon, Boys, & Graves, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Miller | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | military art
- Associated Places:
- Chatham | Kent | Medway
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Chatham, Kent, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.