- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, smooth, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (27 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 × 12 inches (24.8 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 × 9 5/16 inches (14.9 × 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.262"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "54"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Chatham | Kent | London, Published 1832, for the Proprietor, by Moon, Boys, & Graves, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Miller | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | military art
- Associated Places:
- Chatham | Kent | Medway
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Chatham, Kent, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.