Warwick Castle, Warwickshire
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st state on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 10 15/16 × 15 inches (27.8 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 × 11 7/8 inches (25.2 × 30.2 cm), Chine collé: 9 5/8 × 11 5/8 inches (24.4 × 29.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 9/16 inches (16.5 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.265"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "First state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Turner-R Wallis. Warwick Castle"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "1832 1st state "Picturesque Views in England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "57"
Lettered lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Warwick Castle, | Warwickshire. | London, Published 1832, for the Proprietor, by Moon, Boys & Graves, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R.Wallis | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | castle | landscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Avon | England | United Kingdom | Warwick | Warwick Castle | Warwickshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Warwick Castle, Warwickshire, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.