- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 15 inches (27.9 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 12 1/4 inches (24.1 × 31.1 cm), Image: 5 7/8 × 9 3/8 inches (14.9 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.280"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "72"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Leicester Abbey, | Leicestershire. | London, Published 1834, by Moon, Boys & Graves, 6, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right; "Engraved by W.R.Smith | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cloud | cow | distant view | dog | field | fog | girl | grazing | horse (animal) | landscape | man | moon | reflection | religious and mythological subject | river | riverbank | rock | ruins | sheep | tidal wave | tree | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Leicester | Leicester Abbey | Leicestershire | River Soar | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Leicester Abbey, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.