- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 14 7/8 inches (27.9 × 37.8 cm), Plate: 9 9/16 × 12 1/8 inches (24.3 × 30.8 cm), Image: 6 5/8 × 9 7/16 inches (16.8 × 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.287"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "79"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Llanthony, | Monmouthshire. | London, Published 1836, for the Proprietor by Longman& Co. Patternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.T. Willmore | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | mountain | priory | river | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Black Mountains | Honddu | Llanthony | Llanthony Priory | Monmouthshire | United Kingdom | Vale of Ewyas | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James T. Willmore, 1800–1863, British, Llanthony, Monmouthshire, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.