Beaumaris, Isle of Anglesea
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (27 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 10 × 13 inches (25.4 × 33 cm), and Image: 6 7/8 × 9 7/8 inches (17.5 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.289"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; lower right: "81"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Beaumaris | Isle of Anglesea, North Wales | London, Published 1836, for the Proprietor, by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.R. Smith | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Anglesey | Beaumaris | Beaumaris Castle | Menai Strait | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Beaumaris, Isle of Anglesea, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.