Lyme Regis, Norfolk
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 2nd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 9/16 × 14 inches (26.8 × 35.6 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 × 12 13/16 inches (25.6 × 32.5 cm), Chine collé: 9 5/8 × 12 7/16 inches (24.4 × 31.6 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 × 10 1/16 inches (16.7 × 25.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.290"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Second state. (Dorset not Norfolk)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Error 'Norfolk' (Dorset)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Second state England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "India Proof | 7/6 | 82"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Lyme Regis. | Norfolk. | London, Published 1836, for the Proprietor, by Longman & Co., Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by T. Jeavons. | Printed by Mc Queen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cityscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Lyme Bay | Lyme Regis | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Jeavons, ca. 1800–1867, British, Lyme Regis, Norfolk, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.