Lyme Regis, Norfolk
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 2nd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream chine colle
- Sheet: 10 9/16 × 14 inches (26.8 × 35.6 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 × 12 13/16 inches (25.6 × 32.5 cm), Chine collé: 9 5/8 × 12 7/16 inches (24.4 × 31.6 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 × 10 1/16 inches (16.7 × 25.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.290"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Second state. (Dorset not Norfolk)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Error 'Norfolk' (Dorset)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Second state England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "India Proof | 7/6 | 82"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Lyme Regis. | Norfolk. | London, Published 1836, for the Proprietor, by Longman & Co., Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by T. Jeavons. | Printed by Mc Queen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cityscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Lyme Bay | Lyme Regis | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Jeavons, ca. 1800–1867, British, Lyme Regis, Norfolk, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.