Lyme Regis, Norfolk
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 × 14 5/16 inches (27.1 × 36.4 cm), Plate: 10 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (25.7 × 32.7 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 × 10 1/16 inches (16.7 × 25.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.290"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Dorset not Norfolk"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Dorset not NOrfolk 82"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R. A."; lettered, lower center: "Lyme Regis | Norfolk | London, Published 1836, for the Proprietor, by Longman & Co., Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by T. Jeavons | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cityscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Lyme Bay | Lyme Regis | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Jeavons, ca. 1800–1867, British, Lyme Regis, Norfolk, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.