- Harlech Castle, North Wales
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 14 15/16 inches (27.9 × 37.9 cm), Plate: 10 × 13 1/16 inches (25.4 × 33.2 cm), and Image: 6 3/8 × 9 5/8 inches (16.2 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.291"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales 3rd state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "83"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Harlech Castle, | North Wales. | London, Published 1836, for the Proprietor, by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.R.Smith. | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
after W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Harlech Castle, North Wales, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.