- Chain Bridge over the River Tees
- Etching and engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Plate: 9 1/2 x 12 7/8in. (24.2 x 32.7cm) and Sheet: 9 3/4 x 13in. (24.8 x 33cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.302"; inscribed in graphite, verso, Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "England & Wales 94"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Chain Bridge over the River Tees | London, Published 1838, for the Proprietor, by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.R. Smith | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Chain Bridge over the River Tees, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.