- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- ca. 1830
- Etching and line engraing, 1st state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 10 × 13 3/4 inches (25.4 × 34.9 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 12 5/8 inches (22.7 × 32.1 cm), Chine collé: 8 3/8 × 12 3/16 inches (21.3 × 31 cm), and Image: 6 11/16 × 9 3/4 inches (17 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.308"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.308"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "First state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "The 1st state of Holloway's reprint from the unpublished plate - issued after Turner's death. Aldborough. Proposed East Coast"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.C. Allen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | ruins | sea
- Associated Places:
- Aldeburgh | All Saints Church Ruins | England | North Sea | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, Aldborough, ca. 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.