- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- ca. 1830
- Etching and line engraing, 1st state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 10 × 13 3/4 inches (25.4 × 34.9 cm), 8 15/16 × 12 5/8 inches (22.7 × 32.1 cm), 8 3/8 × 12 3/16 inches (21.3 × 31 cm), and 6 11/16 × 9 3/4 inches (17 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.308"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.308"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "First state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "The 1st state of Holloway's reprint from the unpublished plate - issued after Turner's death. Aldborough. Proposed East Coast"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.C. Allen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | ruins | sea
- Associated Places:
- Aldeburgh | All Saints Church Ruins | England | North Sea | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, Aldborough, ca. 1830