- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, smooth, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 13/16 × 13 3/4 inches (27.5 × 34.9 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 12 1/2 inches (22.7 × 31.8 cm), Chine collé: 8 1/2 × 12 3/16 inches (21.6 × 31 cm), and Image: 6 3/4 × 9 3/4 inches (17.1 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.308"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.308"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Engraer's Proof nearly finished"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Turner - Allen. Aldborough for the proposed East Coast. never published. Engraver's proof before some sharpening of lights & darks"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.C. Allen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | ruins | sea
- Associated Places:
- Aldeburgh | All Saints Church Ruins | England | North Sea | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, Aldborough, 1819-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.