- Songs of Innocence and of Experience, Plate 17, "A Cradle Song" (Bentley 17)
- 1789 to 1794
- Relief etching printed in dark-brown with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 5 inches (18.1 x 12.7 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 x 2 3/4 inches (11.4 x 7 cm), and Spine: 7 3/8 inches (18.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink upper right: "17"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | branches | chair | children | cradle | crib | drapes | infant | leaf | literary theme | mother | sleeping | text | vines | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Songs of Innocence and of Experience, Plate 17, "A Cradle Song" (Bentley 17), 1789 to 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.