Caernarvon Castle, Wales
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching; 3rd state on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 × 14 5/8 inches (27.1 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 9 7/16 × 12 1/8 inches (24 × 30.8 cm), Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (16.5 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.281"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; lower right: "73"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Caernarvon Castle, | Wales. | London, Published 1835, for the Proprietor, by Hodgson, Boys & Graves, 6, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Radclyffe. | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Caernarfon | Caernarfon Castle | Gwynedd | Seiont | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Radclyffe, 1780–1855, British, Caernarvon Castle, Wales, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.