Caernarvon Castle, Wales
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on medium, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 × 14 5/8 inches (27.1 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 9 7/16 × 12 1/8 inches (24 × 30.8 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (16.5 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribd in graphite, R.281"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "73"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Caernarvon Castle, | Wales. | London, Published 1835, for the Proprietor, by Hodgson, Boys & Graves, 6, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Radclyffe. | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Caernarfon | Caernarfon Castle | Gwynedd | Seiont | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Radclyffe, 1780–1855, British, Caernarvon Castle, Wales, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.