- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 14 7/8 inches (27.9 × 37.8 cm), Plate: 10 × 12 inches (25.4 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 3/16 × 9 1/4 inches (15.7 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.297"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lowr right: "89"
Lettered, lower left: Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Durham Cathedral | London, Published 1836, for the Proproietor, by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Miller. | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | bridge | castle | cathedral | girl | hill | man | Norman | overlook | reflection | religious and mythological subject | river | tower | tree | window
- Associated Places:
- Durham | Durham | Durham Castle | Durham Cathedral | England | United Kingdom | Wear
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Durham Cathedral, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.