- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 11 × 14 7/8 inches (27.9 × 37.8 cm), 10 × 12 inches (25.4 × 30.5 cm), and 6 3/16 × 9 1/4 inches (15.7 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.297"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lowr right: "89"
Lettered, lower left: Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Durham Cathedral | London, Published 1836, for the Proproietor, by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Miller. | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | bridge | castle | cathedral | girl | hill | man | Norman | overlook | reflection | religious and mythological subject | river | tower | tree | window
- Associated Places:
- Durham | Durham | Durham Castle | Durham Cathedral | England | United Kingdom | Wear
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Durham Cathedral, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.