Bolton Abbey, Wharfdale
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with gray, chine colle
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 8 5/16 inches (16.2 × 21.1 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 × 6 9/16 inches (11.4 × 16.7 cm), Chine collé: 4 1/16 × 5 13/16 inches (10.3 × 14.8 cm), and Image: 2 15/16 × 4 1/8 inches (7.5 × 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.315"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Literary [Souvenir] 1826"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "BOLTON ABBEY, WHARFDALE. | Printed for Hurst, Robinson & Co. London, 1826."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Finden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Bolton Abbey | England | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom | Wharfe | Wharfedale
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Bolton Abbey, Wharfdale, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.