Cornelis van der Geest
- Mezzotint on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 9 3/16 inches (27.3 × 23.3 cm), Plate: 7 7/8 × 6 15/16 inches (20 × 17.6 cm), Image: 7 11/16 × 6 11/16 inches (19.6 × 17 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "K44"; lower left: "Van der Geest - after Van Dyck"; lower right: "G Cross"
Collector's mark, verso: Yale University Art Gallery (Lugt 2667c)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift, The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | financier | gaze | merchant | middle-aged | moustache | portrait | posing | ruff
- Associated People:
- van der Geest, Cornelis (1555–1638), merchant and financier
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Gwendolyn Cross, British, Cornelis van der Geest, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.