- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 2nd state on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 11 1/4 × 16 3/8 inches (28.6 × 41.6 cm), 6 × 8 1/2 inches (15.2 × 21.6 cm), 5 5/8 × 8 inches (14.3 × 20.3 cm), and 3 1/2 × 5 3/16 inches (8.9 × 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.321"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.321"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The Keepsake 1829" 2nd state"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Lago Maggiore | Published for the Proprietor by R. Jennings, 2, Poultry, & by Giraldon, Bovinet, Gallerie, Vivienne, Paris."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.R. Smith | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | lake | landscape (representation) | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Europe | Italy | Maggiore, Lago | Switzerland
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.