- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 × 7 3/8 inches (11.7 × 18.7 cm) and Image: 3 3/4 × 5 9/16 inches (9.5 × 14.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.324"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "The Keepsake 1831"; lower right: "Print from the Book"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "SAUMUR."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Robt. Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | château | cityscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Church of Saint Pierre-du-Marais | Château de Saumur | Europe | France | Loire | Maine-et-Loire | Pays de la Loire | Pont Cessart | Saumur
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Saumur, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.