- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 2nd state on moderatle thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 10 7/8 × 15 1/2 inches (27.6 × 39.4 cm), 6 × 8 5/8 inches (15.2 × 21.9 cm), 5 5/8 × 8 3/8 inches (14.3 × 21.3 cm), and 3 3/4 × 5 5/8 inches (9.5 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.324"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.324"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Crooke 28/12/29"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "the Keepsake 1831 2nd state"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Rovt. Wallis."; lettered, lower center: "Saumur | London, for the Proprietor, R. Jennings & W. Chaplin, Cheapside & Giraldon Bovinet & Co. Paris."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | château | cityscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Church of Saint Pierre-du-Marais | Château de Saumur | Europe | France | Loire | Maine-et-Loire | Pays de la Loire | Pont Cessart | Saumur
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.