- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 4 5/8 × 7 3/8 inches (11.7 × 18.7 cm) and Image: 3 1/2 × 5 1/8 inches (8.9 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.325"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The keepsake 1831"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Print from the Book"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "NANTES."; lettered, lowr right: "Engraved by J.T. Willmore."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | château | cityscapes | river
- Associated Places:
- Château du Bouffay | France | Loire | Nantes | Nantes Cathedral | Pays de la Loire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James T. Willmore, 1800–1863, British, Nantes, 1826-1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.