- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 15 5/16 x 13 1/16 inches (38.9 x 33.2 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 x 6 3/4 inches (22.7 x 17.1 cm), and Image: 7 15/16 x 5 3/4 inches (20.1 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "3 inch"; center right: "3 inch"; lower left: "The Falcoln by Detmold"; lower center: "3 1/2"; lower right: "D (encircled) | Gifted to Mr. Tuttle | [...] 19[...]4 | 4 | -00"; on back, upper center: "6276 | H"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Isabelle Hollister Tuttle for the Emerson Tuttle Memorial Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | branch | falcon (bird) | feathers | flowers (plants) | illustration | insects | still life | sun | sunlight | wings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Julius Detmold, 1883–1957, British, The Falcon, 1904
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.