At the Edge of the Lotus Pond
- ca. 1921
- Materials & Techniques:
- Drypoint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/16 x 11 3/16 inches (36.1 x 28.4 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 7 13/16 inches (20.1 x 19.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "C-393"; on back, lower left: "17800"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "E. J. Detmold."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | arch | architectural subject | architecture | bulls | cattle | cows | flowers (plants) | garden | heads | Hinduism | horns | lotus | nymphaea | oxen | planter | pond | sadhu | statue | turban | water lilies
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Julius Detmold, 1883–1957, British, At the Edge of the Lotus Pond, ca. 1921
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.