- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 5 7/8 × 9 3/8 inches (14.9 × 23.8 cm), Chine collé: 5 1/8 × 7 11/16 inches (13 × 19.5 cm), and Image: 3 15/16 × 5 9/16 inches (10 × 14.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.330"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "From the proof state [of the Book]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower cener: "The keepsake 1834"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Havre | London, Published for the proprietor by Moon, Boys & Graves, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R. Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | cityscape | river | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- Caux, Pays de | Europe | France | Le Havre | Normandie | Seine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Havre, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.