- Part Of:
- Line egraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textrued, cream, wove paper, with beige chine colle
- Sheet: 11 1/16 × 16 1/2 inches (28.1 × 41.9 cm), Plate: 5 × 7 9/16 inches (12.7 × 19.2 cm), Chine collé: 4 13/16 × 7 1/4 inches (12.2 × 18.4 cm), and Image: 2 13/16 × 4 5/16 inches (7.1 × 11 cm)
Inscribed upper left: "R.336"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Engraver's Proof"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Ehrenbreitstein The Amulet | The Literary Souvenir 1828"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Engraver's Proof"
Stamp, verso, lower left: "19250"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.Pye."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Castor | Ehrenbreitstein, Feste | Germany | Koblenz | Mosel | Philippsburg Castle | Rheinland-Pfalz
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Ehrenbreitstein, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.