William Tell's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 15 × 10 3/8 inches (38.1 × 26.4 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 × 5 5/8 inches (26 × 14.3 cm), Chine collé: 10 × 5 3/8 inches (25.4 × 13.7 cm), and Image: 2 1/2 × 3 1/2 inches (6.4 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R349"; lower center: "Engraver's Proof."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Turner-Wallis Roger's Italy."; lower center: "Tell's Chapel Engraver's Proof."
Lettered below image: "Rob Wallis 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chapel | historical subject | lake | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Lucerne, Lake | Sisikon | Switzerland | Tellskapelle | Uri
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, William Tell's Chapel, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.